While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. You will see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Our team will be wearing added protective gear as health safeguards.
- When you enter the office you will be invited to use hand sanitizer and face masks. Your temperature will be monitored, and you will be asked to pre-rinse after being seated by our team member.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Guests without appointments will be asked to wait in their car. Patients whom are minor may be accompanied by only their guardian. No unaccompanied minor is allowed in the waiting room or clinical areas.
- One new safety measure we recently invested in is the DryShield, this device provides a breakthrough in isolation, reducing aerosol while delivering saliva suction.
- Sanitizing between each patient will be implemented following the latest guidelines by ADA and CDC as safety is of paramount importance to us.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office today!
60 Katona Drive
Fairfield, CT 06824